8 (Easily Avoidable) Ways to Lose Your Prospect’s Trust

You can read or write about phone number list
Jannat12

8 (Easily Avoidable) Ways to Lose Your Prospect’s Trust

Post by Jannat12 »

8 (Easily Avoidable) Ways to Lose Your Prospect’s Trust Let’s imagine I arrive at your site — or Google your company — and I’ve got my credit card on the desk in front of me: I’m ready to buy. But, after a few minutes (or, more likely, a few seconds) I close the browser and make myself a cup of tea … without buying a thing. I was ready to give you my money. But something I saw on your site gave me serious doubts. What was it? And how do you fix it? Here are eight ways to lose my trust, and that of many of your potential customers. Mistake #1: Writing for search engines instead of people Online content that’s clearly aimed at search engines, not at customers, is hugely off-putting. It’s also counter-productive: SEO isn’t about keyword-stuffing any more (and hasn’t been for close to a decade).

If you have text on your Phone Number List site that reads anything like this … Our coffee mugs come in several sizes; we have small coffee mugs, medium coffee mugs and large coffee mugs. If you’re looking for a special coffee mug, we’re sure to have a coffee mug to suit you. … then customers are going to notice, and head elsewhere. Plus, Google and other search engines may well penalize you for it. Get smart, learn how to create compelling content that ranks well in search engines and works for human readers. Mistake #2: Wildly exaggerating the benefits of your product Have you ever come across a sales page that went a bit too far? Maybe it promised that you could earn thousands of dollars surfing the web for an hour a day, or claimed that a revolutionary new diet could add decades to your life.

While some customers may be a little naive, you should never take advantage of that fact. Ever. And, even if people do go ahead and buy, they’ll probably be disappointed to find that what they’ve bought doesn’t live up to the expectations you created. If you’ve ever seen a pretty good movie that’s been ridiculously over-hyped, you’ll know what a disappointment that can be. As Sonia Simone has so simply and wisely stated about writing copy for the web (or anywhere else): Remove all hype. Mistake #3: Not delivering what you say you will If an email signup page promises a twice-monthly newsletter, that’s what your potential customer will expect to receive, and that’s exactly what you should deliver.